Polyurethane Protective Tape (PPT Tape) is an Aeronautical product that is also used in the circus industry as a transparent Grip tape to add on surfaces for adherence, on aerial rings, trapezes, Cyr wheels and more. CircusConcepts is the only reseller of this tape in Canada outside the aeronautical industry. 3M™ polyurethane Protective Tape is made from an exceptionally tough abrasion resistant polyurethane Elastomer that resists punctures, tearing, abrasion and erosion. It is formulated for resistance to ultraviolet light. 3M 8671 Tape provides a simple, easy method of protecting a surface from corrosion, abrasion and minor impact damage. It can be installed in a minimum amount of time with simple tools. It can be painted or applied over painted surfaces. 3M 8671 Tape is constructed with a long-aging, solvent-resistant, pressure-sensitive
SOLD PER METER -- Minimum order length: 5 meters
Please choose the length you want in the Options on the side, and leave quantity to 1
For orders over 25 m, we recommend the item PPT Tape - Complete Roll (33 m)
Note : For one simple wheel up to 190 cm ID, you will need 6 meters
Width: 1.4’’ (3.56 cm)
Total thickness: 0.014 inch (0.36 mm)
Polyurethane Film thickness: 0.012 inch (0.30 mm)
Adhesive thickness: 0.002‘’ (0.005 cm)
Length: Complete Roll = 33.33 Yards / 30.48 Meters / 100 Feet
Approximate Weight: 0.016 lb/m (24 g/m)
- Cyr wheel covering
- German wheel
- Trapeze bar
- Aerial Ring
- Polycarbonate, Plexiglas and other materials
- Increases the adherence to surfaces and to skin contact
- One sided auto-adhesive. Adheres strongly to steel, aluminum, paint, acrylic and other surfaces
- Very resistant and stretchy (breaking elongation of 500%)
- Thin and transparent
Typical Physical Properties and Performance Characteristics
· Tensile Strength @ Break ASTM D882 Lb. / in. (N/100mm) 117 (2049)
· Elongation % @ Break ASTM D882 % 500
· Peel Adhesion @ 70°F (21°C) to:
o Bare Aluminum ASTM D-1000 Oz. / in. (N/100mm) 84 (92)
o Acrylic Enamel Paint 56 (61)
o ABS Plastic 65 (71)
· Maximum Service Temperature: 200°F (93°C)
Safety and Regulatory
· 3M™ Polyurethane Protective Tape is 100% solids and contains no hazardous air pollutants (HAPs), volatile organic component (VOCs). Respiratory protection is not required under normal use conditions.
· Polyurethane Protective Tape meets US Federal and California regulations for landfillable materials.
· Packaging materials meet US Federal and California regulations for landfillable materials and are recyclable or reusable.
· This product is considered to be an article that does not release or otherwise result in exposure to a hazardous chemical under normal use conditions.
How to install it on a Simple or German Wheel:
See FAQ on Simple Wheels on some common questions about slippery floors, and how to install PPT Tape.
If you have any other questions
PPT Tape1.4 (3.56 cm) - 8671 Standard Model - Grip Tape (Transparent) - By Meter in Covering and Specialised Tape by CircusConcepts
- Brand: 3 M manufacturer
- Product Code: PPT1.4'' (3.56 cm) -Per Meter
- Availability: 25
9.75 $ CAD