The Russian Swing is a very fun apparatus with soft take offs and great air time. It is widely used in the circus domain. Many different models exist, but usually only the pivot to platform distance and the form of the platform varies. This particular model is with a short, flat platform, which makes for a powerful swing even though it has not such a big pivot to platform distance, and cheaper to manufacture. Up to 4 people (3 pushers and one flyer) can fit on the platform. Platform is made of marine plywood for outside use with anti-slip paint already on it.
This model of platform does not usually require an angled takeoff platform in front, but it can be added as an option if you wish.
Russian swings are easy and really fun to use into water. For use onto the land, you must use professional coaching.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please contact us about shipping fees as our website prices are not accurate for this Item. firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: The below information is general and from experience to help you understand the needs into water. It does not represent a guide and maximum safety measures should always be observed.
1. What is the needed depth and space for jumps into water?
1. If used into water, the distance and depth needed depends on the skills of the jumpers and their level.
2. We recommend 20' depth at least, and 15 meters length minimum. Note that a person flying is ABLE to go farther than 15 meters, so one must practice progressively if distance is restricted, until take off distance is controlled.
3. Jumps, foot first into water can be kept under 10' depth if 'scooping' technique is used (consult a professional to learn it )
2. What height can the flyer go?
1. The height depends on the flyers weight, dynamism, the number and weight of pushers, and the synchronism of the team on the platform. You depart from the swing already at around 2m30 high. Beginners will go around 5m high, and skilled flyers can go up to 10m high with this swing.
3. How must we attach the swing in place?
1. You will need 2 strong anchor points, or 4. The most simple is 2 times 2" (5cm) straps ratchets of 5 000 LBS (2 272 KG) breaking load that are at least 2 foot outside of the legs of the swing, in the middle (see pictures). You need to tighten theses VERY hard to avoid movement of the swing. If possible, we recommend rigging onto 4 corner points.
2. We recommend putting rubber pads under the legs to avoid front to back sliding, if using only 2 strap ratchets. You can also put anchors on the legs; the swing is designed for that also.
· Easy to use
· Easy to assemble and disassemble
· All Disassembled parts are of a less than 8 foot (2m40)
· Anti-Slip painted, Marine plywood platform for exterior use.
· Strong and durable.
· Can make the flyer go up to 10m high
- 1m55 wide x 3m45 (long space on the floor) X 3m high
- Distance Pivot to Platform : 2.5m ( 8'3" )
- around 460 lbs
- Carbon Steel, Tempered Steel, Marine Plywood, Cast Iron
- Angled takeoff platform - some people prefer a more flat surface to take off from.
- Pusher Foot Hooks -- For complete rotations around the pivot or in high swings before takeoff, the pusher might want to have something to keep his foot from going off the platform (very dangerous!).
Any other questions?
- Contact us on the live chat or send us an e-mail to email@example.com
Here is a fun video of The Catwall Acrobats using one of our swings!
Russian Swing - Standard Model by CircusConcepts
- Brand: CircusConcepts
- Product Code: RUSSWING-TR
- Availability: 4
8,500.00 $ CAD
Tags: russian, swing, advanced, model, swings, circus, concepts standard circusconcepts