Ronstan is a renowned pulley manufacturer that offers quality of all its components. The pulleys offer very little friction and high loads. Core Blocks™ are a true all round solution. A tuned 2-stage bearing system provides excellent performance across the full working load range with an integrated thrust bearing feature and the resilience to handle high dynamic or static loads. Acetal sheave, alloy cheeks and stainless steel fixings complete the durable package. For reliability and a long service life, these blocks are the right choice for sheets, halyards and control line applications for cruising and racing. These pulleys are not initially designed to bear human weight. Use with caution and with approval from a professional.
The advantage of Universal Bearing
· Dynamic and high static load performance
· The Ronstan Universal Bearing incorporates our proven 2-stage bearing system
o Stage 1 - Under moderate loads, Acetal ball bearings ensure minimum friction.
o Stage 2 - Under heavy loads, where deformation of ball bearings alone would result in increased friction, a sliding Acetal bearing on a polished stainless steel race takes over, and maintaining low friction performance.
· Additionally the ball bearings are configured to act as a thrust bearing between the sheave and cheeks, preventing the sheave from rubbing on the cheeks and causing friction when the line lead in and out of the block isn’t perfect. It is particularly important for cheek blocks.
· Class leading performance and sleek, contemporary styling
· Excellent dynamic and high static load performance
· Less than half the friction of the nearest competitor
· Durable aluminum alloy cheek plates
· Central hub hole can be used as a Becket take-off or tie-up point
· Universal head with full 3-axis articulation
· Head posts can be locked at 0 or 90 degrees, by using a 2.5mm Hex/Allen Key
· Alloy Rope/Wire sheave version also available
· Sheave: 2.95 in. (75 mm)
· Max Rope: 0.55 in. (14 mm)
· Max Cable: 0.3 in. (8 mm)
· Pin: 0.3 in. (8 mm)
· Breaking Load: 6 614 LB (3 000 KG)
· Weight: 15.24 oz. (432 grams)
· Sheave: U.V. stabilized Acetal or anodized aluminum (AW models).
· Cheek plates: Aluminum alloy
· Ball Bearings: High compression strength carbon black Acetal.
· Shackle, post & hub: Grade 316 stainless steel.
Model 74100AW Single Sheave Pulley for Steel Wire Rope by Ronstan
- Brand: Ronstan
- Product Code: RF74100AW
- Availability: 2 - 3 Weeks
279.93 $ CAD